I was chosen by the group for taking the role of Project Manager.
My role was decided by the group voting and as I‘m a parent and have to manage everyday tasks I decided that I can take the role.
I’ve read the ‘Team Management principles’ given by lecturer Emma on one of the lectures and also I’ve researched the role and responsibilities of Project Manager.
- responsible for developing the project,
- responsible for managing the work process,
- maintaining a cooperative motivated and successful team,
- ensures that the project is delivered on time.
- Managing and leading the project team,
- Providing regular status reports,
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan,
- Recording and resolving any arising issues,
- Monitoring project progress and performance,
- Identifying user’s needs,
- Final approval of the design specification.
I’ve adapted some points and decided to focus on them while working along with project development:
•Control overall work process.
•Recording and resolving any arising issues.
•Communicate with a group systematically.
•Checking evaluation of the project and directing working process.
I’ve set up Pinterest and have added members email addresses but it cost a bit of troubles to access it for all the members.
I was organizing the meetings and make sure that we discuss any arising issue.
We all are in telephone contact if needed and also we’re contacting regularly on our Facebook project group. If there’s any issue we discussing it on that group made for this purpose. Any new info and updates are also updated immediately in there by any member of our group.
We were trying to keep blog up to date with all the information and process of it after our weekly meetings and I was updating it on the group blog.
Each of the members of the group was doing research and looking for some inspiring projects and existing ideas.
We thought the ‘Langstrasse’ street project from Zurich was very inspiring and we wanted to achieve it by producing and working with images and Audio. Then we divided our idea to college Carols building limiting it to few location to show technology and facilities by working on target audience needs and interests.
First basic presentation draft prepared by me:
Mock up presentation draft:
My Research and development working on our Mock presentation: