Monthly Archives: March 2014

10th GROUP MEETING with supervisor 27/03/2014

When doing the interview we should edit the questions or leave them out. We made cut it and fade it out while editing it.

We need to ask Sean, Ashley for wearing the same clothes next Wednesday to keep it continuity when making panorama of the editing suit.

We need to make some research when editing how to make it blurred ad getting back to the next screen nicely.

While making a corridor video we need to have some person walking on it. Next while clicking on him/her the interview will open.

We will have some person interviewed in Starbucks. We need to do this in busy time of the day when there is lots of students around, around 12 o’clock. ‘This is the dark room, the general aspect of it is… etc’

Person stay still while taking panorama in class working on computers. When panning around the user will be able to click on some equipment in the room. For example in the darkroom you will be able to click on the bottle of liquid and it will say that this will help you to develop the pictures etc. We will pick few items in few different locations.

In every room we will visit we will show some 5 best projects of the subjects in it.

video of corridor need to be the straight line and we have to lock the wheel in the dolly to make it able to make it straight. We may bring a level up a bit and use warm filter while editing to make it look natural (Slawek).

We need to ask music students for the background music if anyone can produce something really discrete and ‘soft’ that we can use in our project. Music in the background while clicking on the interview hotspots will fade out and then interview will play.

Research some background music.

Design it for computer and Mac primarily then for the ipad, tablet and maybe mobile.

Henry to make to use Creative Media logo on the main page.He will research 2-3 good websites and basically make a web looking good and make it similar to the good ones. He will make a Mock up for the websites: when entering into 3D room it will show the info that ‘this is the 3D room , normally…’ this is what it look…’ ‘this is what we’ll be looking at’ etc.

Slawek to work in Adobe. To find the logo of Creative Media and give it to Henry. Photography and panorama to be produced.  360 panorama of Editing Suit with Sean and Ashley dressed the same as last Wednesday to keep continuity.

Kevin to record ambience. Editing of interview to check how it will work. (if any troubles there’re good tutorials online to check)

Alina do some research, ambience and meetings. Info of the rooms- what is it for? What is the editing suit for? dark room, what is it for, explain developing photography etc. Editing of interview to check how it will work. (if any troubles there’re good tutorials online to check). Timetable of the new things to be done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

9th GROUP MEETING with supervisor 20/03/2014

Feedback after the WIP presentations:
Presentation in PowerPoint had too much text on the slides, keep it in key points next time.

Do not use flat panorama image in the presentation as people cannot imagine it.

The use of parallax was good.

Henry need to research content of resources – be clever about the layout of the content.

Kevin will rework notice board idea with students societies.

Henry will rework logo Peek DkIT, as this shouldn’t be centred.

We need to interview 3 to 5 lecturers and 10 students.

We need to prepare questions to add. Think about creative media forms in it.

Photos has to be reworked in Photoshop to look clean and crisp.

Video of the corridor to be done (Slawek will extract every 4th frame with audio). It would be interesting to include people walking in there, blurring off.

While making panorama of locations include tutor talking in room and clean look of the room as we want to give the message that this is the exciting place.

Henry to look at graphics- find proffesional websites and copy the look of it.

Common area or coffee shop – do not show the logo of Starbucks or just block it off.

Alina will prepare questions for students.

Slawek will produce photography.

Group will do interview of students next Wednesday.

We need to produce 3-4 really good panoramas- show lectures,people who can say, and at least 3 students we can talk to.

Prepare paper mock up what you need for the day.

Group meeting 18/03/14

Alina set up a Google doc Peek DkIT document . She typed main sections to be worked on and divided work by members to be updated.  As we’re having the WIP presentation preparation for tomorrow we need to work on the project and fill in the Google doc presentation on our project.  Slawek continue to  work out parallax for the website, Image of college board which Slawek took is passed to Kevin to be able work the societies board slide for the presentation. Henry continues to work on design to finish icons, hotspots and overall design of the website. Kevin have to work on  panorama from Slawek images taken in the college. Kevin is also working on midi sounds for site and logo. Also Slawek will give some green screen of sample of interview to Henry.

Reminder about the blog updates!

Group meeting 14/03/2014

Alina so far recorded ambience for Starbucks, Dark room, Mac Lab, corridor and classroom.  She also took series of images for the corridor and is planning to do the present sample interview. She is also preparing minutes and agendas for each meeting.

Kevin have to work on images in Photoshop with panorama images and also design business cards, poster, logo and produce midi sounds.

Slawek is working on the website program code to make it fluid and make parallax working. He continues to work  on fluid grid and taking photography needed for the project.

Henry is working on the design of the website, icons and more. He also researching parallax websites.

For the ambience sounds we might use stereo mic to give a depth.

Matt adviced us that there is opportunity to attach sound to different items in the locations.

We are planning to book equipment for interview for next week.

8th GROUP MEETING with supervisor 13/03/2014

We didn’t record video yet as the camera we borrow didn’t have it so we took  still images of the corridor instead , every 2-3 m going backward and forward to make it look going through corridor it will be rework in Photoshop.

Slawek is down to make a map of the Carroll building, we just need few points on it
panorama working.

There is research needed for examples of museum maps to be done.

Henry  need to research about parallax websites.
Kevin need to work on the logo for our group with nice colour to work together, navigation higher position and  then effect when click on the hot spot- go to the location.

As we want to show Peek DkIT different classes and facilities we have to have slide in PowerPoint explaining what is working.

More about parallax to be researched.

When showing location consider to show students work and show what’s interesting about that room in each location.
We have to make it look more like graphic, use of parallax to animate it.
Change to the home page icon, when clicked it will highlight etc.

Slawek talked about processing with Matt with selecting pictures with audio loops, crop these loops and it still need to be reconsidered.

Alina to record audio for locations, ambiances and camera role for the interview.
Slawek recorded a sample of interview with Alina in it.

Kevin to work on  360 panorama view , Slawek will give Kevin images to make panorama of it.

Prepare for the presentation:
– clearly roles specified
– go through what your idea is
– how it’s going to work
– show working examples
– say what you’re done individually
– show working panorama
– working example of parallax aspects, examples of interfaces, video examples, audio examples, interview students(in the corridor, Starbucks)
– emails to head of departments – set up dates for intrviews
– timetable for interview( make sure of feel of busy  office)
– facilities (board  to show societies)
– links from CMDkIT-> not more than 6 things to show- students work
– graphic studio- previous work
– technology (film studio, show what comes out of it- the best work of students)

CONTACT lecturers about the best graphics and videos done by students.

13/3/2014
Alina recorded sample of interview of student

14/03/2014
Matt advices us about opportunity in attaching a sound to different items on the panorama view and that stereo mic for ambiences sound will give more depth to it and would work better.

 

7th GROUP MEETING with supervisor 6/03/2014

Up to date:

Slawek took the photos of the main entrance of DkIT building on Monday the 3rd  and passed it to Henry.  Henry worked on the design and on the icons. Also Henry discussed with Emma Hogan his designed icons for the website, he was advised to change some of them and reduce them to minimum. JJ and Emma advised him to remove shopping trolley icon.

Thursday 6th March 2014: Attendees: Alina, Henry, Slawek

Henry was advised to research some tutorials for clean interfaces and research some more icons (check *coolhomepages; home of web, brief intro  to give some modern look to the home page) Also have a look on websites with parallax view & grid while the corridor view will be with scrolling images or video of it. Henry to produce mock up, proof of concept with some description for example when you click on this icon it opens a video etc.

Henry – show interfaces with our imagery, titles , focus what text will be on it. Home page-  2 concepts, index screen /parallax screen/ video screen. Example of going down the hallway. Example of talking on the video.

Slawek- example of parallax site for our website, (research more parallax websites to check how to link video with it) also Info proof of concepts.

Kevin –business cards, stationery + Photoshop reworking 360 panorama view images , Audio(sounds for clicks on the website).

Alina – Audio, video down the hall, show what you’ve done on your presentation,(panorama 360 view do the lighting for the images if needed). Also send emails to Head  of Departments, then book dates to bring camera, email to Yvonne  to get take still images for Film Studio.

We need to break down work for:

Images

Video

Graphics

Group meeting 4/3/2014

We discussed icons designed by Henry.

We also discussed images taken by Slawek of Carrolls front building and corridor inside the building.

Henry and Kevin discussed with Emma about reducing some icons (tour, apply and necessities)to one icon with all the links. Three main icons will stay on the site bar: home, info and about us(where the contact info will go into as well).

We also discussed the logo of the project ‘Peek DkIT’ to be redesigned by Henry. We need to decide where the logo will be placed on the main page of our website.

We might use rainbow colour ring with transparent version of it on the corner of the screen while on website.

6th GROUP MEETING with supervisor 28/02/2014

Henry to do some more research. (to check Webawards/rework the logo looking at aesthetics) To design some simple icons check ‘enhance’, FWA magazines, Behance, Pinterest to research more icons and fonts.

Each of the member need to bring own work every week.

We might ask some music students to make some ambience music.

We will record some sounds for website icons on next Friday at Matt class where the equipment is available. We will work to make discrete sounds, we might use some filters to make them sound discrete.

Kevin and Alina to bring a sample of Audio for next meeting.

Slawek to produce images for front of the building and some locations in DkIT.

Kevin to set up the documents where the text is going to go in the posters, research some posters, it may be photo based.

We discussed parallax scrolling which Slawek researched before and show ‘life of PI’ website with great example of parallax scrolling. Images will be used in  background of our website.

We might consider to  find a ‘clever way’ of putting text on a website, we have seen nice example of text layed down and shaped onto the wall  and ‘mess around the images and graphics.

Kevin to research and make some poster and business cards for our project.

Alina will prepare minutes of meetings, agendas, remind group about blog updates. Also the Gantt chart to be fixed by moving dates. Also some audio examples to be prepared.

Slawek will work on fluid grid of the website then when frame of website will be finished Henry will be able to add some graphics, icons and design to it.

Programming and look and feel  will be worked by Slawek and Henry.

Group meeting 28/02/2014

We were talking to Matt Green and he gave us the idea to interview some students as well to give ‘feeling’ from students view not only from ‘official’ feeling from interview for Head of Departments. We were advised to record class being in use with shotgun microphone.

We need to consider to use a class when it’s being use by students to record ambience.

Also we need to record the corridor ambience while it’s busy and in use.

Update blog reminder to everyone.

We also discussed audio for website- discrete sounds to be produced by Kevin and Alina.

Pan 360 images of the front of the building to be produced by Slawek.

We discussed design in progress by Henry.

We need to consider and write letters to ‘Head Of Departments’ asking them when are they available for interview.